Sunday, January 24, 2010

So I was scared to sleep alone before and now I am officially terrified!

So ever since moving here Sam has always informed me that he never locks his doors and he has never had any problems..... until tonight.
After getting home from the station with Moose in tow I set up a cozy little sofa area for me and the dogs, grabbed a popsicle, and turned on the TV. After watching a few too many hours of the Food Network I got up let the dogs out because Moose was acting weird so I thought maybe he had to go potty, and then started to clean up my cozy sofa area.
Once Moose started scratching at the door I let Maddi and him inside and then locked both of the locks and preceded to the kitchen to drop off a plate. As I was doing that I heard what sounded like snow falling off the roof by the door I was just at, ignoring I headed out of the kitchen to grab my things and head to bed. The noise started again and as I looked I noticed something that stopped me in my tracks and I swear I stopped breathing!! The knob was moving as far as the lock would allow...... back and forth, back and forth!!! OMG!!!!!! So for what seemed like forever I stood there with my mouth clamped shut staring at the poor door knob begging it to stop in my head. Then realizing what an idiot was I reached for the phone and tried to dial Sam but ended up with a whole bunch of wrong numbers. Right at the moment when I was going to throw the phone down and run around screaming the knob stopped being abused and the phone rang, it was Sam!!!

My brain had a moment to process and I wondered if it was Sam outside trying to get inside and that was why he was calling, so I would let him in. I answered the phone and said "Sam?" in a needless to say kinda panicky voice (I don't think he noticed though) he preceded to tell me he was taking the trash out at the station and all my hopes of needless panic evaporated.
Right about then I informed him (in a reasonably calm voice) that someone was outside trying to get in. He said "What?" and I had to repeat myself (in a not so calm voice totally drowned out with tears) that someone had been moving the door knob!!

After that I just remember going to the room and locking myself in with the dogs and a gun until Sam arrived, feeling like I was going to vomit the entire time. Sam arrived looked around the entire outside of the house and inside and informed me that there wasn't any footprints in the snow so he didn't know how anyone could have come over to move the door knob. Fortunately for him he assured me that he believed me and that I was imagining things cause I was about to pounce and freak out with how scared I was! He even suggested having one of the guys from the fire station who weren't at work coming over and sleeping on the couch so I would feel better, but needless to say I said that it was okay.

So logic would say that since there wasn't any footprints, there couldn't have been anyone, so the door knob couldn't have moved. All I can say is the door knob moved..... a lot!! Somehow, someway the little round metal object sticking out on either side of that door MOVED! I didn't imagine it in my head, I was actually enjoying my night not in the least bit scared when someone had to come along and ruin my entire day!!!

So here is my message to whoever you are:
"I really, really, really dislike you! I have a loaded gun next to me so I hope you decide to try and open someone else's doors from now on!! I also have a very large, protective puppy who may or may not attack you......"

So here I sit with my dogs, still scared and not wanting to fall asleep. Kinda wish my parents lived close by and I would just go to their house..... I just need to convince them to come live here!! I think I'll work on my plan of attack now that I have bored everyone to tears with this ridiculously long post about me and my weird incidents!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Charlie! Maybe if you had the snow moved away from the window it wouldn't be so scary becuase you could shut out all the lights and actually see outside. I think you should call the landlord and have them do that ASAP! Sam really is moments away and the neighbors would hear if you just started screaming like a madwoman. Push the smoke alarm button---it would alert the ENTRE neighborhood. Those houses are certainly not soundproof! I am glad that you are okay and that you know how to shoot the gun. Just make sure it isn't Sam coming in before you shoot!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH that is so scary! I can't even imagine how scared I would have been if you were that scared, considering you're the brave one and everyone knows I'm a chicken! But mom is right, you have a lot of neighbors and don't live out in the boonies so you are probably pretty safe! love you<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so scary!! I would have freaked. Here's an idea, just a few days ago at Radio Shack i saw a phone that has a 911 button you can wear around your neck, so its always ready. I actually bought the phone, but my husband took it back because he wanted a different one. But you should get one!
    Take care. Be careful. :)

    ReplyDelete