Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Slobs Live Here! Come in at your own risk!"

So this afternoon I cleaned up the kitchen and ran the dishwasher, then went back to my room and watched a movie. Two hours later when the movie ended I went back out to the kitchen and it looked like a bomb had landed! Somewhere in the two hours I was away the roommates had swept through the kitchen like two year olds leaving behind a very messy trail. There was a pizza box and plastic on top of the microwave with no pizza insight. The sink was full of dirty dishes which could have been loaded if anyone had taken the time to read the sign on the dishwasher that says 'clean', and unloaded the dishes. But that didn't happen. On top of that, the trash can was stuffed to the brim so much that the lid wouldn't close all the way and when you opened it trash stuck to the lid!
Needless to say I was slightly irritated so I did something childish and stacked more dishes and stuffed more trash in hoping that I might annoy them in return. Not very christian of me but hey, I chipped in and so should they. This is going to sound mean but I can't wait until we can move out and leave the two of them in this house to fend for themselves. I don't know how Sam has put up with them for this long. Maybe I'm just more freaked out by mess than he is but it's starting to drive me insane!
I took pictures of the counter to share but unfortunately Sam took my phone plug in so I can't upload them. Oh well, I should probably stop complaining anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Charlie--the roommate situation sounds awful! I am going to pray hard that you either get a job so you guys can just move out OR MAYBE....that you guys move to Fairbanks!! :)

    Great speaker at church today! Yes, I didn't know Jeff wasn't speaking and so I was actually heard him. Really great-he will be speaking again on Friday so Dad and I wanted you and Sam to come with us and hear him. It is at 7:00. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the situation gets better soon! does NOT sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete